Are you looking into improving your employees’ productivity? According to Wichita State University Software Usability Research Laboratory (SURL) study to research impacts of dual monitor configuration on office workers/employees’ productivity and satisfaction, one way of improving business processes in your company, is upgrading your monitor configuration to dual monitors.
Study Finds in Numbers:
- Dual monitor users are 18% more efficient – users complete tasks at hand quicker and with more accuracy with dual monitor configuration
- Dual monitor users switch windows 15% less frequently – allows users to view and compare more information simultaneously, improve task accuracy and overall efficiency
- 91% of users said they are more satisfied with dual monitor configuration over single monitor configuration
Other benefits of having multiple monitors:
- Dual monitor setups allow employees to display more information at one time, providing more flexibility and visual real estate for arranging active windows.
- Employees will be able to simultaneously view and locate information more easily.
- Employees can reduce windows switching and can better compare information simultaneously, reducing the effort it takes to catch and fix errors in real time.
- As employees spend more time viewing information on screen, eyestrain can sap productivity and harm eye health. Dual monitor setups can help.
The study lead to next conclusions:
- Monitor upgrades are low-cost hardware investments that can have big impacts on employee productivity and satisfaction
- Multi-monitor configuration allows office workers to multi-task with multiple applications (e.g., word processing or spreadsheet on one screen and email on the other)
- For office workers where information is a large part of their workflow, dual monitor configurations are a must
Even though this research isn’t widely spread among business owners, most of businesses intuitively switch to larger monitor setup with several screens:
- Businesses are moving toward providing employees with more screen real estate, either via larger screen size or via dual monitors
- Price competition ensures that IT buyers can get larger screen sizes at the same or lower price points with each subsequent refresh
- Average screen size is projected to increase to 21.6” in 2019
At VS Technology we are always looking at ways of improving efficiency to offer better solutions to our clients. If you are interested in improving your employers’ productivity through effective set up of monitors and other technology, please give us a call at 705-475-0323